Top Telecom Operators In The World
The birth of the Telecommunications Industry can be traced all the way back to 1792 when French engineer, Claude Chappe built the world’s first visual telegraphy system. Some 50 years later, in 1844, Samuel Morse’s the telegraph was invented taking a major step forward in the field.
Fast forward to the 21st century, the telecom industry is pushing the boundaries more than ever with advancement in fiber optic technology, WiFi availability in remote countries, evolution to 5G, WiFi built into cars, so on and so forth.
Like any other, the telecommunications industry has its own set of giants who are leading in their respective countries while maintaining a brand name across the globe.
- China Mobile Ltd. Incorporated on September 3rd, 1997, China Mobile Limited is the largest telecommunications service provider in China. They have one of the biggest consumer bases in the world and are one of the leaders in the development of the 5G network architecture international standards.
- Verizon Communications Inc. Based in New York City, Verizon Communications Inc. was created on June 30, 2000. It is known for having the best coverage in the United States of America with its only major competitor being AT&T in the country.
- Vodafone Group PlcA telecom giant in the United Kingdom, Vodafone was founded on September 16th, 1991. With 340 million subscribers worldwide, this organization is easily one of the pacesetters in this industry. Click here to do a mobile top-up for your Vodafone number using Kwikpay from anywhere in the world.
- Nippon Telegraph & Telephone CorporationLaunched in 1952, Nippon was created in Japan and have their headquarters in Tokyo. Although launched as a telecom company, Nippon has long since expanded and grown to become a recognized global brand. Unlike its contemporaries, about one-third of NTT’s shares are owned by the Japanese government.
- Deutsche Telekom AG Founded in 1995 in Germany, Telekom is the biggest telecommunications company in Europe and amongst the five largest in the world. Its business network spans more than 50 countries. What a lot of people do not know is that Deutsche Telekom was part of one of the largest IPOs in the world underwritten at $13 billion by Goldman Sachs. The Kwikpay app will allow you to top up your T-Mobile number at your fingertips.
- Telefonica S.A.Operating out of Madrid since 1924, Telefonica is a Spanish multinational private telecommunications company. It was amongst the first to pilot the HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) in Spain. With just the taps on your screen, top up your mobile using Kwikpay in an instant.
- América MóvilWith one of the largest bases of subscribers in the world, América Móvil operates one of its subsidiaries, Telcel in Mexico without competition. It was founded in 2000 in Mexico City and as of 2018 is looking to acquire a TV license in Mexico.